Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Welcome to our site

Take a moment to join our board

Sign in to follow this  
Spirited

Spirited's Tea & Coffee Corner

Hey,

I thought I'd share some of my favorite coffees and teas once and a while so others may enjoy them, too. I like making tea and trying new teas, so feel free to leave suggestions. Kinda silly, but I thought it might be fun - like a little tea exchange. Tea and coffee help me focus when I program, so maybe a bit relevant to the board? *Shrugs*

Anyways, check this out of you like milk tea. I usually drink Twining's Earl Grey anyways for its citrus and bergamot notes. Makes for a really good milk tea base. You can buy the dried tapioca pearls off Amazon, or if you live in a primarily Asian area like I do, you can pick up some at a local Asian market. It's surprisingly good. I'd be interested to know what you all think of it.

Best,
Spirited

3 hours ago, Leo said:

Hey,

I thought I'd share some of my favorite coffees and teas once and a while so others may enjoy them, too. I like making tea and trying new teas, so feel free to leave suggestions. Kinda silly, but I thought it might be fun - like a little tea exchange. Tea and coffee help me focus when I program, so maybe a bit relevant to the board? *Shrugs*

Anyways, check this out of you like milk tea. I usually drink Twining's Earl Grey anyways for its citrus and bergamot notes. Makes for a really good milk tea base. You can buy the dried tapioca pearls off Amazon, or if you live in a primarily Asian area like I do, you can pick up some at a local Asian market. It's surprisingly good. I'd be interested to know what you all think of it.

Best,
Leo

Mint & lemon tea is my fave.

19 hours ago, bauss said:

Mint & lemon tea is my fave.

Ooo, If you like lemon teas, then this might be your jam: http://a.co/fXz4xOt
It's one of my favorite lemon and black teas. I highly recommend it with a bit of milk (as weird as that sounds).

15 hours ago, Leo said:

Ooo, If you like lemon teas, then this might be your jam: http://a.co/fXz4xOt
It's one of my favorite lemon and black teas. I highly recommend it with a bit of milk (as weird as that sounds).

I don't love tea enough to wanting to pay 15 bucks for it.

On 29-3-2018 at 7:08 AM, Leo said:

I'll have to try that. I've never had a Turkish tea before. :o

You will most likely have to get creative then haha. I say this because you most likely don't have a double teapot :)

It isn't like your regular tea haha

At work I have a pour-over setup for our coffee, we use some local packager for coffee beans that gathers them from all over. It is a pretty good way to get good coffee. Every once and a while I go and get the mellow joy in the break room so I know how good I have it lol..

On 4/1/2018 at 1:05 PM, Smallxmac said:

At work I have a pour-over setup for our coffee, we use some local packager for coffee beans that gathers them from all over. It is a pretty good way to get good coffee. Every once and a while I go and get the mellow joy in the break room so I know how good I have it lol..

My work just has a Kerguig machine, but we also have a large drawer to the brim of k-cups with various creamers. So I can't complain much. There's a really nice coffee shop down the street as well that serves the smoothest cold brew I've ever tasted. It's pretty damn good. They have a nice rose white mocha, lavender cold brew, and nitro cold brew.

And they buy my expensive teas. Which makes me happy because then I don't have to. I gave my floor manager a link to Harney & Sons and she bought about $300 worth of tea for the office. Their Dragon Perl Jasmine tea is amazing as well.

I bought a cold brew coffee machine, and I highly recommend it for those who enjoy cold brews. It makes a really nice, smooth cold brew (and the machine is $100 off right now). I made a really nice lavender cold brew using Don Francisco's French Roast with some whole milk and lavender honey. 👌

http://a.co/hPq3if1

It was all paid for by our team, but just yesterday we just got approve to use company funds for our beans and other expenses related to coffee. It is pretty exciting. 

I don't think I would be a fan of cold brew, I feel like the taste might be off.

inb4 necro

I love coffee, but haven't been exposed to many teas. Anybody got recommendations for essentially a first-time tea drinker and how to make a good cup of tea?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Reiko said:

inb4 necro

I love coffee, but haven't been exposed to many teas. Anybody got recommendations for essentially a first-time tea drinker and how to make a good cup of tea?

It depends on your preference. If you're looking for a black tea, my favorite store-bought black tea is probably the Twinings Earl Grey with a bit of milk and sugar. If you like fruity black teas, then I'd recommend the Paris by Harney & Sons (available at Targets, around here at least). If you're a fan of green tea, then I'd highly recommend feeling around on Harney & Son's website and see what imports they have from the Yellow Mountain region of China. I haven't tried anything from them, but my coworker brings back full tea leaves from his home town in that region, and it's something else. The best green tea I've ever tasted. But yeah, it's all about seeing what you like. And on the coffee front, I've just started to grind my own coffee beans - I highly recommend it for anyone looking for a very flavorful, soft blend of coffee.