• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Welcome to our site

Take a moment to join our board

Mugaru

Conquer Map Editor/Creator

Hi guys, 

i’m new here and also pretty dummy in programming in C#.

Anyway, im working on a CO2 DMap editor. What i’ve done now; is reading out the binary of a dmap file. Got the portals and all other info about coords, if they are walkable or just not! 

My question to you guys is, is this the right way to build such a thing? Or would you do it another way? 

Kind regards, 

Mugaru

I plan on releasing my game map editor for Conquer Online when I have more time put into Chimera (another project I'm working on). I had a lot of the map editor done, but I'd like to rewrite it in C# for better expandibility in the future. It's not that much for me to write, so maybe I'll work on that again soon. For now, I'd recommend looking at the Eudemons client source code, which is public. Or, you can work on other tools if you have a backlog. 

Its been a long time since i've been working on Conquer, because of work. 
Still upgrading my C# skillset and learning alot of the Comet Source code. 

Been looking at how Packet Structures work exactly.. and planning to create something amazing in the near future :-)! 

Because of the above i didn't work on the Map Editor / Creator... so if there is anybody that has done something like this and is wanting to share it, that would be great.

15 hours ago, Mugaru said:

Its been a long time since i've been working on Conquer, because of work. 
Still upgrading my C# skillset and learning alot of the Comet Source code. 

Been looking at how Packet Structures work exactly.. and planning to create something amazing in the near future :-)! 

Because of the above i didn't work on the Map Editor / Creator... so if there is anybody that has done something like this and is wanting to share it, that would be great.

I don't think there are any public or private map editors out there. Ultimation was the closest to completing one, but wouldn't share it publicly. It's a lot of work to share (his included a full client engine and visual editing). I don't have any updates on my end due to work, but I still have it on my back burner.

The closest thing I have is a command line dmap reader that I built in Go. I had to have the dmap system in my source for validation anyway, but creating it for command line wasn't that much more difficult. A visual editor on the other hand, like @Spirited  said, would probably take a lot of work. I'm actually happy that Ultimation didn't share it, but that's just my opinion.