Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Welcome to our site

Take a moment to join our board

Sign in to follow this  
Spirited

Spirited's Introduction

Hi all,

I realized recently that we have a few new members who don't know much about me, so I thought I'd take some time to re-introduce myself after so-many years. My real name is Gareth, but I prefer to be called "Spirited" online. I'm 27 years old, straight, male, occasionally attractive at best. I don't really post many details about myself these days, but you can find me on most platforms by the name Spirited, accompanied by a picture of a smug snow leopard. I tried to change up the snow leopard thing for Cooldown, but at the end of the day, I can appreciate a bit of familiarity. 

These days, I mostly work and hang out with friends. Sometimes I program in my free time, experimenting with different technologies, architectures, and project ideas. Game programming is a fun hobby of mine, but dangerously shares the same creativity / motivation pool as a lot of my other hobbies, such as photography and painting. I hope to get some inspiration through this board and the talented members we have here. I'm always available to chat, for that reason. I like to hear what people are up to. My current project is Chimera, but it's taken a lot of activation energy to get off the ground. I'm hoping I'll get some more motivation next weekend now that the holidays are over.

Offline, I feel like I'm pretty average. I have an apartment that I like to keep clean, a car I like to keep fast, and a family I like to keep at a distance. I enjoy my work, especially now that I'm more settled in and done with college. I work mostly in cloud architecture and cloud computing, but I'm being moved to machine learning next week, which I look forward to. I've done a lot of odd software jobs in the past in cybersecurity, web programming, point of sales, industrial automation, test automation, etc. I tend to take interest in a lot of different topics, and I'd be interested to hear from anyone who works in machine learning, since that's what I'll be doing for the next few months.

If I haven't said it already, welcome to the board, everyone. I'm happy to have you, and I'm happy to be here.

Best,
Spirited

• Like 4